Learn

Resources and Reflections

Monday, March 10, 2008

Tooling with Moodle: My second experience

My thoughths and insights at this moment:

The content is there to be accessed. Like I expected, students missed classes for myriad reasons and Moodle was there for students to pick up where they left off.

Moodle is not a replacement for the teacher. Attitudes and motivations of the students must be present.

Managing the learning content is more than just putting it there. I have learned that getting students to pariticpate in forums, posting ideas, empowering themselves to take control of the learning unit, etc. is what will make this Moodle thing work. Read http://moodlea.blogspot.com/2008/03/does-vle-need-content.html


I have realized that offering all the learning content (in a list) provides distraction.; that is, they navigates aimlessly through the lessons proffered. I tried to shy away from making a chornological to-do list in order to empower students to do what they feel doing on a particular day - i.e. watch a video, use an interactive study guide, read, etc. During class time I will present only the content for the period.



Read moodle report: www.k12opentech.org/implementation-study-3-moodle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home